Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My project evaluation....

My post project evaluation …. All our group members were eagerly waiting to get screwed up by ENR staff. This project was filled with air of lethargies , as we are in extended training. Still 5 heroes of our group tried our level best to finish the project.
After waiting for fifteen minutes we saw a elegant scholar coming towards our group. Group ** was honoured as one of the worst group in our class. It was a compendium of fools. None of its members knows anything about Mainframe.
This man had in-depth knowledge in Cobol ,cics and db2. I felt myself like a little David sitting before mighty goliath. He started his evaluation with a girl.
His technically sound questions to her were ridiculously funny for other guys. I saw fully faltoo smile on their face. Five heroes of our group were YSACK, G-NO-J, G-G-IN, SAN-D and last but not least DON(huh… me) . He asked many question which seemed to be related to MainFame. Then after one hour of interrogation to that girl he gave 9 marks.
Then my chance to rock the show came . I displayed maps and codlings. I was bit confident, as many brilliant minds helped me to frame this module. But when he started to ask , I was wonderstruck. I couldnot judge the area he was asking. Worst part of my presentation…. Explaining the codes… I saw a black hole and heard a long beep sound . Though I acted as if I knew everything, my code, which was supposed to be written by me was in Greek and Latin. I just told the meaning of English word present in that black screen. He looked at me as if he was staring at a stray dog(oops yuck… no comments).
He asked few questions for which I guessed some answers and told 50% of what I thought for sake of not getting slapped. All credit goes to study materials and retest I did. Luckily I could not see my marks.
SAN-D was waiting to boast his talents before him. Previous day he was in the class with his project till night 3 o clock (oh sorry… morning 3 o’clock). He was given DBA post. He was all set to explain his coding . He was staring at that screen and his gesture told us that he was seeing the code for the first time.(Don ask me what he was doing last night ). Sir gave him 15 mins to study and explain it. For a poor soul who could not understand anything after many hours of effort , what this 15 mins is gonna do. He could hardly explain few lines. He was expected to execute his module and apparently it din work. With that my hopes of getting pass mark shattered.
Then came G-G-IN’s chance to impress the examiner with his codes. After examining three students his expectation came down and this time he just asked G-G-IN to explain his code. But this guy is king of all bluff masters. He started talking something,which was new to us as well as to our sir. G-G-IN had some answers for all his questions. That instigated a hope in my mind.
In order to avoid his knowledge being spoiled and confused. Sir requested to G-G-IN to stop blabbering about the module.
Then G-NO-J and Y-SACK was told to explain their part. G-NO-J tried to run a code, which was not completed. He tried for 10 minutes and there was binding errors. Fortunately our server MOCHA saved him from a disaster. It was not working so he was told to explain his coding. He started with things which were new to him. May be his impromptu skills helped him . Mean while Y-SACK whom we thought would do this entire project for us, was laughing at G-NO-J.
Sir demanded Y-SACK to explain his module simultaneously. But there I saw a remarkable instance of honesty… He accepted that he got a template and modified it for project. Sir gave lots of chances to prove our self. But our effort was in vain.
There was no chance of sun rising in the west and our group getting pass mark. Still we were expecting pass marks as other groups who were in same situations got B+ grade. After 4hours of this damned Project evaluation, our group was given incredibly brilliant score. 34 out of 100. Not even C its D.
For sitting more than four hours we should be given at least C grade.
Its ok hopefully we will get A in next project. We have started doing project from the first day itself(...hmm..).
Still that four hour evaluation was too much….

No comments:

Post a Comment